Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Project Assignment: Haiti!


Hello! I have been assigned my project to Haiti! We’ll be designing an orphanage for a ministry organization called God's Vision for Haiti. I’ll be working on the water and wastewater systems of the project. For the four-month internship I will be in Colorado Springs, Colorado, but towards the beginning of the internship I’ll take a short (about 2 week) trip to Haiti to do field work with a team of engineers such as percolation tests and to help survey and get an understanding of the site we’re designing for. I am also hoping we’ll be visiting with local ministries as well! I am learning a little bit of Haitian Creole; hopefully I'll have enough to strike up friendly conversations. Here is a link to the project description: http://www.emiworld.org/projects/projectProfile_5569.php

My summer has mostly consisted of two short trips and moving from my room in Davis to my room here in Los Gatos. I went with my family to to visit Patrick's Point and Crater Lake, and then a week later we visited family in Southern California. Now I'm getting ready for my internship, which I will leave for on August 15th. Get in touch with me soon! It may be a little more difficult to get in touch when I’m settling into the apartment in Colorado; my fellow interns and I have yet to decide if we want internet at the apartment since there is a nearby library. I’ll have my cell phone and would be happy to call and talk though!
Blessings, Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment